Summer Produce ShowThe first ever Summer Produce Show / Sale was a great success indeed. Thanks to all the children and adults who took part - we'll definitely do it again next year!
Hampton Court Flower Show 2016 'Scarecrow CompetitionFor a third exciting year SFIS gardeners made a brilliant scarecrow which got us through to the last round of the competition! The theme was 'Space' and our scarecrow depicted the first animals in space.
We had a lovely day out at Hampton Court.
When is the Gardening club?Thursdays from end March to October, 1 pm – 1.45 pm. Activity Diary issued beginning of each half term
Who is involved in the Gardening club?Leaders: Amanda Bailey and Jennie Moore
Parents, Grandparents and Carers all welcome.
Children join us at the front of school by the Potting shed once they have had their lunch.
What does the Gardening Club do?
- Prepare growing areas
- Plant plants and flowers in the grounds
- Sow seeds
- Enter competitions: Rushmoor in Bloom (Winner Best School Grounds 2012), South East in Bloom (Silver Gilt 2012), Rushmoor in Bloom 2015 - Highly commended, Hampton Court Scarecrow Competition (Finalist 2016)
- Member of Royal Horticultural Society Campaign for School Gardening. We have achieved Level 1 and 2. We are currently working towards Level 3.
- Squire's Poetry Pot 2015 - first place
- Lots of watering!
Plans for 2016
- Plant bedding plants and hanging baskets at the front of school
- Sow vegetable and everlasting flower seeds
- Enter Rushmoor in Bloom
- Hampton Court Scarecrow Competition
- Summer Produce Show 15th July